This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase from these links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
I’ll be honest with you, I am a little late to the “applying make-up every day and correctly” game. I started wearing some foundation, blush, and mascara in high school, and never applied eyeliner until my first year of college. I was okay at applying a full face for a while, but it wasn’t until I started at my current job when I really started practicing techniques and used more than four products on my face. Applying make-up was a little difficult for me to grasp. There were so many products and many different ways to apply them. Well, I think that I have formed a pretty good routine that I stick to every day. If you don’t know where to start or are on the hunt for some amazing make-up products then here you go!
1) Oil-Absorbing Sheets: In the warmer months, my skin gets a little more on the oily side. So to make sure my skin is prepped and the make-up will stay on; I use oil-blotting sheets. I just use the target brand which gets the job done!
2) Primer: It wasn’t until the past year or so when I started using primer every day and it is a game-changer! I use “Kismet Pure Vitamin C Primer” which I can guarantee works because I still have a full face of makeup on after spending the day having my face touched by toddlers (I’m a toddler teacher)
3)Foundation: I would jump around from different brands and types of foundation until I started using “Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless Foundation”. This product is amazing! This is the only foundation I will use because it gives me such good coverage and lasts all day long. I use a beauty blender and squirt a little foundation onto it, and apply it all over my face.
4)Concealer: I still stick with the Covergirl brand for my concealer to cover up the bags under my eyes. I use “Covergirl Trublend Undercover Concealer”. I just put a little bit under my eyes and before blending, I start on the next step.
5) Loose Powder: Truthfully, I don’t use this product very often, but when I do I definitely notice a difference. I apply some “YC Collection Loose Setting Powder” to the concealer and I let that sit for a couple of minutes for everything to set. Then I use the beauty blender and blend it in under and around my eyes.
6) Pressed Powder: This is the final step of just basic coverage and then it will be time to add some color! I use the end of a beauty blender or a brush and just sweep the powder all over my face. “Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder” pretty much ensures that my pores are well hidden and my skin avoids that oily shine.
7) Bronzer: At this point, my skin is very pale and needs some color and warmth added to it. I take a brush and put some of the “Space Case Bronzer” on my jawline, and on my cheeks.
8) Blush: I grab my biggest brush and apply just a little bit of “Pixi by Petra” blush. I only use a small amount because a little goes a long way, and I’m trying to avoid looking like a clown.
9) Highlighter: I have quite a few different types of highlighter, but my favorite is probably “Mary-Dew Manizer Liquid Highlighter”. It comes with a small wand that I apply to my cheekbones and on the bridge of my nose.
10) Eyebrow Pencil: Eyebrows have become such an important part of most make-up routines, and I 100% understand why! My face just looks incomplete when my eyebrows are not filled in. My favorite pencil is “Skone Brow Wand”. The pencil itself is at an angle which allows for easy application, and it comes with an attached brush to help groom the brow hairs into place.
11) Eyeliner: I absolutely love “Tarte’s Sex Kitten” eyeliner, but I wish that it came in the color brown. I have used brown eyeliner before, and I prefer it over black eyeliner because the brown makes my green eyes pop.
12) Eyeshadow: There are three different brands of eyeshadows that I use every day. I use “Phase Zero” in the color Banana Beige first, then “Realher” in the shade Incomparable, and finish the look off with “Naked” in the shade Mother Nature.
13) Mascara:“Benefit, They’re Real!” mascara has to be my all-time favorite. I love the wand because it covers every eyelash, and it never looks clumpy.
14) Setting Spray: To ensure that all of my hard work stays where it needs too, I spray “ELF Makeup Mist and Set” on my face. I spray it about 3 times and then aggressively fan my face using my hands to dry my face.
15) Lipgloss: Now my make-up look would not be complete without a little bit of “Laritzy” lip gloss in the color “Curve”. I apply a thin layer to my lips and then…
BAM! My make-up look is complete!
This routine overall takes me about 20 minutes if I have plenty of time to make it perfect, but I can get it done in about 10 minutes if I’m running late for work.
Let me know what your make-up necessity is or if you tried any of the products I listed!